Dear Patients and Family Members,
At Miami Vascular Surgery, we want you to be assured that our office is following the developing situation regarding the 2019 novel coronavirus, also known as COVID-19 and taking the precautions and preventive practices being recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In response to the Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID – 2019) and the potential health implication to our patients, we are closely following CDC updates and strictly adhering to CDC recommendations to minimize the transmission of COVID-19 and other respiratory-borne illnesses to our patients and staff.
Our office has reviewed our strict office policy adhering to CDC guidelines:
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Staying home when you are sick.
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Following the CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
In an attempt to put your mind at ease regarding the current crisis, we wanted to reiterate to you how our office has always adhered to the highest standards of cleanliness and sterility. Going forward, we will be increasing the cleaning of high traffic surfaces and areas such as the waiting room and restroom.
Information regarding COVID-19 and individual preventive measures can be found at the Centers for Disease Control and Preventions website: CDC.gov